Admissions & Financial Requirements
Our Admission Procedures
The most important consideration for admittance into the Waypoint Ministry Regeneration Program is a sincere desire to change and grateful attitude. Each applicant is interviewed to see if there is a willingness to seek spiritual help. A previous spiritual relationship with God is not a pre-requisite for acceptance only that a man is ready to let God help him.
- Potential applicant must call our Ministry and discuss why he desires to enter our program and fully disclose his current situation.
- Applicant will then be required to send a letter, postal service, fax or e-mail, to include the following information:
- Current situation
- Reason for wanting to enter the Waypoint Regeneration Program
- What he is searching for
- Why he feels Waypoint is the best place for his recovery
- Once a letter is received and approved an appointment will be scheduled to meet with our staff on Waypoint property during normal working hours. Weekend appointments will require special permission at the discretion of our Director.
- A personal interview should in no way be interpreted as automatic acceptance into our program. The purpose of the personal interview is to discern if an applicant is truly ready and willing to receive help and how Waypoint can help meet his needs.
- Waypoint will not accept anyone into our program who is intoxicated or under the influence of any narcotic. If detox is required, it must be completed at a medical facility and released before an applicant can be considered for our program.
- Applicants requiring prescriptions for medical reasons or with medical conditions will be considered for acceptance on an individual basis.
- No tobacco products of any nature are allowed. Waypoint goals are to minister to all forms of self-destructive behavior including addictions to tobacco.
WHAT TO BRING:
Waypoint accepts men from all walks of life and does not discriminate in any way. If an applicant is unable to provide the basics for living on our campus, we will ensure every man has what he needs during his recovery. Each Man will have a wardrobe for his belongings. Applicants who can provide for themselves should bring the following:
- Social security card and picture ID.
- Hygiene products, washcloths and towels
- Twin bed linens, blankets and a pillow
- Seasonal work clothes and boots
- Casual clothes and shoes
- Laundry basket (detergents are provided)
- Stationary supplies and stamps
All personal belongings must fit into the wardrobe or under the bed. You SHOULD NOT BRING any electronic devices, radios, books (other than a Bible), weapons, knives exceeding 6” when open, or anything of significant value. Small amounts of money can be kept in our safe under your account.
The cost for our 12-month Regeneration Program is $12,000. There is an additional non-refundable $500 application fee due at the time of the intake interview. This is the equivalent of $1000 per month – $600 is for room and board, and $400 for the individuals other services including ministry/counseling, evaluations, group sessions, etc. Various forms of payment are accepted and can be discussed at time of acceptance into the program.
Waypoint Ministry reviews every application individually, knowing each circumstance is different. Payment and financial arrangements will be discussed with the Director during the admission interview. The ability of an applicant to pay will not be the deciding factor of acceptance into our program.